At WABC, we know that your accounting needs are complex. Navigating the twists and turns of ever-changing regulations, knowing what direction will yield the best results and uncovering opportunities to help you succeed requires an experienced guide.
WABC wants to be your trusted advisor to help you navigate every step – from taxes and estate planning to strategic business planning – we’ll be by your side offering sound counsel and innovative solutions.
You want to be absolutely confident when representing the accuracy of your financial statements to stockholders, creditors and private investors. With WABC by your side, you can provide quality assurance regarding your financial position.
Dealing with IRS regulations can leave anyone feeling lost without a compass. Working with WABC, you’ll have your own team of seasoned professionals, well-versed in the latest tax regulations, to de-mystify the process and serve your best interests.
Growing and safeguarding your personal finances requires one-on-one guidance to help you effectively manage your assets. WABC will help you create your comprehensive financial plan to manage risk and improve performance.
For your convenience, all information on WABC is readily available below and easily indexed on one page with links to pertinent sections on our site.
Weil, Akman, Baylin & Coleman (WABC) is a full-service financial, accounting and business consulting firm located in the Baltimore, Maryland (MD) / Washington, DC area. With a diverse portfolio of clients, WABC specializes in audits, reviews and compilations, financing, business valuation, litigation support, tax services, personal financial planning and estate planning. The talented accounting partners and managers at WABC are highly skilled in a variety of specialized industries including medical practices, law firms, death care, transportation, construction, not-for-profit organizations and manufacturing.
If you are looking for a talented team of certified public accountants (CPAs) in the Baltimore, Maryland (MD) or Washington, D.C. area -- our accounting firm and business consulting company is the perfect match. From taxes and estate planning to strategic business planning, WABC will be by your side offering sound counsel and innovative solutions.
WABC derives its strength from a team of outstanding professionals who meet our clients’ needs with superlative personal care. Acting as guides to the often complicated world of business, our professionals help our clients on the path to financial security and peace of mind. Whether you are a business or individual client, WABC will take a holistic approach to your financial situation, finding solutions to your business challenges.
We invite you to subscribe to WABC’s accounting newsletter.
For 30 years, the accountants and CPAs at WABC have been a partner to lawyers and bankers in need of professional financial expertise for their clients.
WABC offers litigation support to our clients, and firm Principal Jeffrey Coleman has a law degree and works closely with the Maryland State Bar Association as an accounting advisor.
WABC provides comprehensive auditing services and our team of experienced CPA’s can assist you in verifying your clients’ financial documentation. WABC's accountants serves financial institutions with meticulous attention to detail. We’ll protect your best interests by ensuring you have the most accurate and complete picture of potential risks and benefits in any venture.
WABC’s services go far beyond tax preparation or preparing an annual financial statement. We want to be your guide in the always-evolving, and sometimes overwhelming, world of personal and business accounting. Our advisors are uniquely qualified to look at your financial picture holistically and offer the right services to help you reach your goals – from reviews and compilations for your business to personal financial and estate planning. Click below or on the menu to the left to learn more about our diverse portfolio of accounting services.
WABC accountants conduct thorough auditing services for all types of entities. Services include:
• Evaluation of internal controls
• Inspections of current inventory
• Documentation of operating cycles, including sales and cash receipts, cash disbursements and payroll
• A summary of our methodology, documenting our examinations and testing as well as your supporting paperwork
A WABC review can provide limited assurance. Through inquiries with company personnel, observation of operations and review of previous financial statements, WABC accountants develop a solid understanding of your business – its operating characteristics and the nature of its assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses.
In a compilation, WABC packages financial information presented by management in a financial statement report that will often meet the needs of creditors.
WABC also offers bookkeeping services, including payroll tax return preparation, posting of journals and ledgers and the preparation of depreciation schedules.
ASSESSMENT OF INTERNAL CONTROLS
WABC helps minimize threats to your financial security. We can evaluate your organization’s internal controls to ensure your resources are handled properly, protect you from employee theft and make sure you are operating efficiently and effectively.
If you are looking for a loan to start or grow your business, put WABC's staff of CPA's, accountants and business consultants to work for you. We will organize and prepare your loan proposal documents to put you on the road to swift approval. WABC will:
• Prepare a thorough and convincing executive summary
• Create pro-forma cash budgets and financial statements
• Compile your necessary personal financial statements
• Be your personal representative and financial advocate in face-to-face dealings with the lender
When you are negotiating a merger, considering new shareholders, or attempting to resolve shareholder, estate or marital disputes; valuation is a make-or-break proposition.
WABC is experienced in all types of valuations:
• Mergers & Acquisition valuation
• Purchase or sale of closely held business or business interests, including analysis and advice on pending offers
• Management buyouts
• Leveraged buyout transactions
• Financial restructuring and recapitalization
• Bank financing
• Employee stock ownership plans (ESOP's)
• Disputes and litigation-related valuation
• Marital dissolution
• Court appointed valuations
• Minority shareholder disputes and litigation
• Business damage assessment and determination
• Solvency analysis and fraudulent conveyance
• Litigation consulting services provided to trial counsel in preparing to depose and cross-examine valuation experts
• Binding arbitration
• Reasonable officer compensation determination in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service
• Physician buy-in to medical practices
• Estate and tax-related valuation
WABC accountants provide all manner of accounting litigation support. Let WABC's staff of CPAs and business consultants be your representative in cases involving:
• Stockholder claims
• Fraud and Embezzlement
• Loss of earnings or wages
• Business valuations
• Estate controversies
• Served as expert witnesses
• Assisted attorneys depositions
• Contract disputes
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING
If you are thinking about starting a new venture or expanding your company’s current offerings or services, developing a strategic business plan is an important first step to achieving your financial goals.
WABC can help you:
• Determine your start-up capital needs
• Identify sources of start-up capital
• Evaluate and quantify your borrowing power
• Select a business structure that best fits your needs
• Select the right accounting software
• Prepare a cash flow budget
• Establish billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow
• Establish procedures to monitor and control costs.
• Setup a home office so you can maximize your tax deductions
• Prepare and file all required state and local licenses and permits
• Prepare and file your application for your Federal Employer Identification Number
• Provide payroll and payroll tax filing
• Comply with employment laws
• Identify your business insurance needs
• Develop a solid partnership agreement
• Create a well-designed succession plan
When it comes to accounting, reliable tax assistance and tax preparation is a priority.
WABC’s tax services include:
• Tax compliance – completing tax returns quickly and meticulously, maximizing deductions and expediting refunds
• Business taxes and bookkeeping – developing the best system for maintaining and updating your tax records
• Tax planning – creating strategies to maximize your after-tax income
• IRS solutions – easing the pressure of tax problems, including:
- IRS audits
- Non-filed returns and back taxes owed
- Payroll tax problems
- Tax leans, levies, seizures or wage garnishment
PERSONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING & ESTATE PLANNING
WABC can help you create a comprehensive financial plan to manage risk, improve performance and ensure the growth and longevity of your wealth.
WABC can assist you in:
• Saving for a comfortable retirement
• Paying for your child’s college education
• Protecting your family in the event of disability or other health concerns
• Achieving your investment goals
• Leaving a legacy for your heirs
WABC employs experts in law, taxes and finance, to guide your decisions and save you tax dollars, court costs and headaches. We have expertise with IRA’s, 401K’s, living wills and trusts, disability planning, lifetime family wealth transfers, family partnerships and other business relationships, charitable donation, tax trust issues and more.
Our firm and associates have honed specialized accounting skills in a number of industries. We offer:
• Accounting for medical practices
• Accounting for law firms
• Accounting for the death care industry – including Pre-Need and Qualified Funeral Trusts
• Accounting for transportation and trucking companies – WABC conducts audits, consulting and taxes for trucking companies and is a member of the Maryland Motor Truck Association (MMTA)
• Accounting for construction companies – WABC is diligent in finding tax savings opportunities for contractors
• Accounting for not-for-profit organizations – including:
o Obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status
o Audit of not-for-profits (A-133 Yellow Book)
o Completion and filing of not-for-profit status application
o Training for your board on not-for-profit financial statement usage and effective budgeting practices
o Preparation and filing of 990 and 990T tax forms
o Pastoral housing and other benefit documentation for churches and other religious organizations
• Accounting for manufacturing companies – including accounting related to:
o Venture capital
o Research and development
o Inventory methods
o Budgets and forecasts
o Cost accounting
o Production control
Since 1979, WABC has recruited and retained top accounting talent. We strive to stay on the leading edge of accounting techniques, tools and knowledge and employ a comprehensive continuing education program for our associates.
If you are looking for a career in accounting, WABC encourages you to contact us.
Our accounting firm hires enthusiastic, talented and experienced accounting professionals. WABC’s comprehensive compensation package includes competitive salary, comp time, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and 401 K and profit sharing plans.
Send a letter of inquiry and your resume to Jeff Coleman.
The WABC accounting internship program provides an opportunity for college students to gain real-world experience in the field of accounting.
As an accounting intern, your accounting and tax skills will be enhanced through practical experience and you’ll be better prepared to earn a staff accountant position at a public accounting firm. Specific duties include the following:
• Preparing basic corporate, individual and payroll tax returns using software
• Processing client tax returns for filings with government agencies
• Entering client data into accounting software programs
• Preparing compilations, including completion of administrative checklists and financial statements
• Preparing and tracking confirmation requests for audits
• Preparing audit work paper files in the field
• Undertaking basic audit testing procedures, with the opportunity to work at client’s offices
• Entering and maintaining depreciation schedules using both book and tax depreciation methods
• Preparing spreadsheets and other schedules as requested by clients
• Assisting with accounting office functions as needed
Weil, Akman, Baylin & Coleman, P.A.
201 West Padonia Road
Timonium, MD 21093
Directions to WABC
If you intend to visit any of our accountants in the Baltimore, Maryland (MD) / Washington DC area, we recommend visiting this page and printing directions to our accounting agency in Timonium.